HI any beeks in dumfries & Galloway area?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi, as yet i am not a beek or indeed a trainee beek :( , i am moving to dumfries and galloway area at the end of july. hopefully i will start to keep bee's next year if all goes well :D, i will be living just outside newton stewart and working in whithorn. would realy like to hearfrom anyone near those area's! (hmm that sounds a bit like an advert on a dating site!!!).
going to look for a local club once i move and try and get some training, we are buying a shop in whiton that apparently has three hives on its roof!!! although i am told they havnt been touched this year so no idea if there are stll bee's in it :D, could end up a baptism of fire lol

regards jason

should be whithorn! not whiton, pc is creepy

Last edited:
Hi Jason, you will be more than welcome to join the South Scotland BKA (Dumfries based). I can get you the contact details if you wish? Although I suspect your nearest association will be the Galloway BKA, which I really dont know much about I'm afraid.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the number of beeks in the region though, I was!

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Hi Jason, you will be more than welcome to join the South Scotland BKA (Dumfries based). I can get you the contact details if you wish? Although I suspect your nearest association will be the Galloway BKA, which I really dont know much about I'm afraid.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the number of beeks in the region though, I was!

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

thanks that would be good to get details of south scotland BKA. realy looking forward to moving, its a long way from here in Devon but should be well worth it

Funny - we live in Devon and have considered retiring to D&G eventually...must be a Devon thing ;)

Funny - we live in Devon and have considered retiring to D&G eventually...must be a Devon thing ;)

in some ways D&G is very similar to devon, we live near a small place called northlew. its probally a bit of a mid life crisis thing! i did consider the normal options like getting an open top sports car and young blonde mistress for passenger seat............but decided what with the price of fuel and the cost of dining out moving house and starting a new business would be cheaper lol :D
found the perfect house with a fair bit more land than we have now and as a bonus it has 6 acres of woodland and ive always wanted some woodland so well pleased. where abouts in devon are you?

if you move before retirement give me a shout we are currently looking to fill some jobs but not having much luck at the moment!

Wish we could, a my other half would love a job - but FinL not amused by the thought...:(

Hi There, are you still looking for employees in Whithorn? I know of the area...which shop is it? I live in Stranraer....my Dad was a bee keeper and I picked up some knowledge over the years so may be of help. Polly Sutton

Latest posts

Back