Help

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumorph

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have only just purchased my Bees on Wednesday 1st. and looking through the entrance I can see what appears to be dead bees on the screen floor . i havent opened the hive as I didnt want to upset them as they are on just settling in , I have asked for a mentor to come and look but am worriesd till he arrives any suggestions

DON'T PANIC! :)

Bees die all the time, hundreds a day from old age. Most will die outside the hive, but a proportion will die inside. The workers will clear them out, but there can be a small backlog.

It's quite possible that some have died from the move, but there's unlikely to be a problem, if you've contacted your mentor, wait for him to have a look and check.

DON'T PANIC! :)

Bees die all the time, hundreds a day from old age. Most will die outside the hive, but a proportion will die inside. The workers will clear them out, but there can be a small backlog.

It's quite possible that some have died from the move, but there's unlikely to be a problem, if you've contacted your mentor, wait for him to have a look and check.

:yeahthat:
Probably died in the move. They will probably be gone tomorrow , outside the hive on the ground. Could be more sinister but unlikely!
E

Thankks for all your advice . It was just me in panic ,my mentor looked today and said I have a good strong colony the dead were just what he called natural waste

Back