help,please?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren64

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I articialy swarmed my colony last friday,and all seems ok,on an evening I usually have a look(just stand watching the bees flying in and out of the hives)for 10 minutes or so,but tonight when I looked something didn't look right with the existing colony,there were a lot of bees under the om floor so I looked in the brood box,there were quite a lot of queen cups and no new eggs in the combs,I couldn't find the queen either,I looked under the om floor and there was a small cluster in one corner,but on the ground there were about 8 or 9 bees circled round what turned out to be the queen,it was a good job she was marked,I would never have seen her otherwise,I put her back in the entrance and she went back in ok,could she have survived under there since last saturday?(which is the last time opened the hive to remove a queen cell I forgot about).

Yes.

LOL You just proved it... Some of them are pretty suicidal, as you are finding....

PH

Latest posts

Back