Help - Bee identification

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billyray100

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Evening all,

This is my first post and I have joined this site because I need some help. We had a new bathroom installed a few years ago the overflow pipe was removed, leaving a small whole in the wall that leads under the floor. We now have bees leaving in the hole and I don't know why type of bees they are or if they are causing damage. There is no access to where they are unless I rip up the bathroom floor, something I really don't want to do. We do keep getting bees in the kitchen which is below the bathroom, no idea how they are getting into the kitchen. To top is all off my wife is 10 days over due with our first child and I am a bit worried about having new born and bees getting into the house. Anyway the other morning I manages to trap one and took these photos, can anyone identify what type of bees they are and any ideas on what action I should take. I don't want to hurt them, I just want them to live somewhere else. (the bee in the picture was unhurt & released)

Attachments

• IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1630.JPG
    IMG_1630.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 36
Evening all,

This is my first post and I have joined this site because I need some help. We had a new bathroom installed a few years ago the overflow pipe was removed, leaving a small whole in the wall that leads under the floor. We now have bees leaving in the hole and I don't know why type of bees they are or if they are causing damage. There is no access to where they are unless I rip up the bathroom floor, something I really don't want to do. We do keep getting bees in the kitchen which is below the bathroom, no idea how they are getting into the kitchen. To top is all off my wife is 10 days over due with our first child and I am a bit worried about having new born and bees getting into the house. Anyway the other morning I manages to trap one and took these photos, can anyone identify what type of bees they are and any ideas on what action I should take. I don't want to hurt them, I just want them to live somewhere else. (the bee in the picture was unhurt & released)

Bumblebee
https://bumblebeeconservation.org/

And then block the hole up in the autumn, when theyve departed.

Latest posts

Back