Hello

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defender 110

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
My name is Dave and I live in South Cumbria.
I don't keep bees but I regularly find them on footpaths where they've (in my head) thought 'Right, I've had enough for today - I'm going to land instantly and spend the night there'. Mainly Honey bees but also Bumblebees quite regularly - and that's primarily the reason for my joining.....

Following a heavy rain shower I found a massive Bumblebee very close to my home when out walking the dog. I took him/her home and put it out the back on a flower. This beastie is very dark - black with a couple of dark brown stripes, must be 2" long and 3 or 4 times larger than a 'normal' bumblebee.
Well, after an hour or two it flew off but it's been coming back several times a day, every day. We've bonded...😃
Is there something that I can do for it now that it's getting colder/wetter...??

Many thanks in advance,
Dave.

My name is Dave and I live in South Cumbria.
I don't keep bees but I regularly find them on footpaths where they've (in my head) thought 'Right, I've had enough for today - I'm going to land instantly and spend the night there'. Mainly Honey bees but also Bumblebees quite regularly - and that's primarily the reason for my joining.....

Following a heavy rain shower I found a massive Bumblebee very close to my home when out walking the dog. I took him/her home and put it out the back on a flower. This beastie is very dark - black with a couple of dark brown stripes, must be 2" long and 3 or 4 times larger than a 'normal' bumblebee.
Well, after an hour or two it flew off but it's been coming back several times a day, every day. We've bonded...😃
Is there something that I can do for it now that it's getting colder/wetter...??

Many thanks in advance,
Dave.
Not really, if it is a queen from this year then it will hibernate over winter and start a new colony next year. It doesn't sound like solitary variety. You may see it's offspring next year😃

Latest posts

Back