Heads up - FREE SEEDS !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pargyle

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Gardners World on the BBC are giving away free sunflower seeds via their website ... BBC.co.uk/gardenersworld - But you have to be quick as it's the first thousand applicants that get them - but there's four seed suppliers so you can request a packet from each of them.

Now here's the good bit .. If you apply to Thompson & Morgan they send you an email that offers you free delivery of another packet for 99p .. so you order that ... stay with me ... then they send you another email which thanks you for your order and offers you £5 off your next order. So you order seeds to the value of about £5, apply the voucher code and you just get charged the postage plus whatever is over the £5 on your order.

Then ... they send you another email offering you £5 off your next order .. so you order another couple of packets with a total of around £5 and apply the new voucher and ... away you go again ! You have to put your card details in every time but T&M are good seeds and I'm getting £5 WORTH FOR £2 EVERY ORDER !!

I'm sure this is not what Thompson and Morgan intended ... but ... it seems to work ! Better sit and order your veggie/flower seeds (if you haven't already) before they spot what's happening ....

Only problem is they get your E mail & sell it on. & you start getting crap constantly. I did this with one last year & suddenly started getting spam E mails & phone calls.
Even ticking a box to keep details private doesnt work sometimes.
Maybe this is why youre getting a good deal, they arent stupid , they arent going to send umpteen seeds for nothing, they make money by selling on peoples details.

Only problem is they get your E mail & sell it on. & you start getting crap constantly. I did this with one last year & suddenly started getting spam E mails & phone calls.
Even ticking a box to keep details private doesnt work sometimes.
Maybe this is why youre getting a good deal, they arent stupid , they arent going to send umpteen seeds for nothing, they make money by selling on peoples details.

That's a bit cynical ... and whilst I would agree that some of this type of offer is email harvesting I suspect that neither the BBC/Gardeners World along with the seed sponsors of the giveaway would sanction selling on of the lists. I actually keep a separate email address for anything that I consider to be at risk of ending up as spam .. so I know where it's come from !

Welcome back ... been a bit quiet without you !

Thanks Pargyle, nice to be back :) i didnt mean to sound cynical but it happened to me last year when there was an advert on tv for wild flower seeds for to help save bees. I sent my details, & didnt get a reply, at least not off them, just off people trying to sell me everything else.

Thanks Pargyle, nice to be back :) i didnt mean to sound cynical but it happened to me last year when there was an advert on tv for wild flower seeds for to help save bees. I sent my details, & didnt get a reply, at least not off them, just off people trying to sell me everything else.

It happens ... invest in a disposable email address and use that for anything remotely looking like an email harvester ... it is annoying to get buckets full of spam in your main email account. Even with modern filters and blockers a few still get through until you can add them to your blacklist.

However, the seeds and plants from Thompson & Morgan arrived this morning ... all in separate packages and bundled together with a rubber band - can't imagine why someone didn't twig and post them in a single package !

Good idea about the E mail. I planted some sunflower seeds i got in bird food, they were huge seeds & i am hoping they will be giants, i planted them early last month & theyre a foot tall already :)image.jpg

They say Lavender is hard to grow from seed & you need to take cuttings. I planted some cuttings & put seed in too just to try it, the cuttings have died. & the seeds are growing Lol.image.jpg

Latest posts

Back