Harper Adam Module 6 workshop

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuswellMetro

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Quite surprised that a week after tickets went on sale for the Module 6 workshop at the BBKA Spring event that 23 Tickets still remain unsold and also 20 for General Husbandary

At the National Honey Show the Module Workshops sell out within days and the General Husbandry within Hours ( like by8am next morning last year)

perhaps there is a need for the BBKA to run Regional workshops

The new GBH regional scheme run by the BBKA is hopefully reaching more prospective candidates, so maybe less demand for a national workshop. Also maybe more local self-help groups.

Must be some reason why they've scuppered what was an excellent all day course last April with a team of four tutors to go back to the old format this year.

At the National Honey Show the Module Workshops sell out within days and the General Husbandry within Hours ( like by8am next morning last year)

perhaps there is a need for the BBKA to run Regional workshops

I hope you have noted that John Hendrie (yes, that one) is presenting a one-dayer on "Preparation for BBKA general husbandry assessment" at KSRC Sittingbourne at the end of April.
The practical tasks which may be required will be discussed as will the general requirements for the BBKA general husbandry assessment. There will be tips on all parts of the syllabus and thoughts on how to impress the Assessors.

18 places max

£15

The courses are targetted at beekeepers in Kent. If you are from outside the county, please email in the first instance to express your interest in our courses – we will try to fit you in if not fully subscribed.

No, had not seen it, but it is in my Diary now, but i will have to check whether i can stay overnight on my friends Barge at Cuxton otherwise it would be a long early morning crawl around the M25 Carpark

If taking the GBH it would appear that you need to closely follow the BBKA syllabus and practices.
We had two candidates fail the GBH last year, one was a commercial beek and the other did it his way.

If taking the GBH it would appear that you need to closely follow the BBKA syllabus and practices.
We had two candidates fail the GBH last year, one was a commercial beek and the other did it his way.

I'' tell SHMBO next time she goes to Tesco's to buy me a box of Swan Vesta

I'' tell SHMBO next time she goes to Tesco's to buy me a box of Swan Vesta

The KSRC session should allow discovery of whether the Exam Board prefers Bryant&May, or whether perhaps they haven't quite caught up with Wedmore's new-fangled ideas!

The KSRC session should allow discovery of whether the Exam Board prefers Bryant&May, or whether perhaps they haven't quite caught up with Wedmore's new-fangled ideas!

The fact that JH who does the General Husbandryand he is high up in BIBBA worries me more that Matchsticks because most of my Bees have no AMM heritage They are rather Golden-Mixed with just about every other imported race (The loal Drone population looks like the United Nations., even ferral bee with negative discoidl shift)

Back