Hard Drive Data Recovery

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've recently started saving all my stuff to cloud (internet servers) because I was worried about a failure or losing my pen drive. This way you can't lose your stuff if you have a hard drive failure because the information isn't saved to your computer(good idea to save on your PC also though in case you want to access your files without an internet connection). It is also handy because you can access your files from any computer anywhere in the world that has an internet connection. You can set up an account with Microsoft 'one drive' or with Google.

Multiple backups are always a good idea, especially putting some "offsite".

Cloud based storage is just great, but don't rely on just one site.

This piece of software makes accessing and managing files on these sites a breeze : http://www.expandrive.com/
Works on Mac & Windows

Last edited:
Pete and Itma. Tried the suggested method, like trying to get a breach birth lamb to breath. I extended the caddy cable with a USB extension cable and flick the wrist as hard as could, started to get a little noise from the HD. Also tried to warm it on top of the heat GS pump which runs at about 35oC and tried the whip again - do difference. Have now parcelled up the hard disc and sent it to a diagnostic lab in S Wales.

Thanks for taking the time to make suggestions

Mike

Sent the hard drive to Fields Data Recovery, in the backwoods of South Wales, Cardiff. Very efficient service - able to get all the data on the HD back but expensive £425 + vat.

The report stated the electronics were faulty, they rebuilt the HD to access the data.

Latest posts

Back