Grey Mould in stores

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenHP16

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm very new to bee keeping having taken delivery of a 6 frame nuc 2 weeks ago. As advised I started feeding with 1:1 syrup to help them draw out the 5 new frames added to the hive. On my second inspection I noticed that there is what looks like grey mould in some of the stores on the outer active frames. All else looks well, eggs larvae - although I'm yet to spot my queen. Could anyone advise on what to do? Leave well alone and let the girls sort it out? change from syrup to candy? Help!

I'm very new to bee keeping having taken delivery of a 6 frame nuc 2 weeks ago. As advised I started feeding with 1:1 syrup to help them draw out the 5 new frames added to the hive. On my second inspection I noticed that there is what looks like grey mould in some of the stores on the outer active frames. All else looks well, eggs larvae - although I'm yet to spot my queen. Could anyone advise on what to do? Leave well alone and let the girls sort it out? change from syrup to candy? Help!

Are you sure it isn't pollen? Given the time of year, it is probably from brambles.

thank you

thank you - we do have a lot of brambles around so it may well be that - panic over

Latest posts

Back