Good News!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roybaz

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Just arrived back from 2 week holiday expecting the worst given the 2nd cold spell we had and the number of posts from beeks who have lost colonies over the long winter. 1st brief inspection today showed they were alive and well! So happy given this was my 1st winter and the feeling I had that I didn't have enough stores last autumn. The Forum has been a great source of information and advice and a real contributor to my bees survival I think. Thank you to everyone!

Is now a good time to be moving away from fondant and using syrup and apiherb?

Thanks
Roy

Thanks
Roy

Good news indeed.
Feed syrup now IF required, it's not compulsory and my bees do not need it.
No idea about apiherb? What is it?
cazza

Much the same in my hives FANTASTIC news, I was really worried about my queen being badly mated as she was th head of swarm last year so I didn't know her history. luckily she's still laying workers but i'll probably requeen the colony at some point this year just in case.

M

Just arrived back from 2 week holiday expecting the worst given the 2nd cold spell we had and the number of posts from beeks who have lost colonies over the long winter. 1st brief inspection today showed they were alive and well! So happy given this was my 1st winter and the feeling I had that I didn't have enough stores last autumn. The Forum has been a great source of information and advice and a real contributor to my bees survival I think. Thank you to everyone!

Thanks
Roy

:hurray:
Huge relief, isn't it :)

Latest posts

Back