Frequency of Inspections

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westawake90

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Evening all,

Thanks for all of the advice so far that i have received. Two hives are on site and going well. Just one question and it may be case of me being over anxious. On my 7 day inspection today I did not see either of my queens, there was eggs, larva and brood in the hives. My issue is that one queen is not marked and has alluded me up to now. Given the excellent weather at the moment I was tempted to check the brood box again tomorrow to see if I can see her and get her marked.

Is this a stupid thing to do and should I just wait for my next weekly inspection?

Thanks everyone, put me at ease. The queen that is not marked is very elusive. If I do see queen cells next inspection is a it a matter of keeping looking for her and getting her into a Nuc?

Thanks everyone, put me at ease. The queen that is not marked is very elusive. If I do see queen cells next inspection is a it a matter of keeping looking for her and getting her into a Nuc?
If you see charged cells yes , if your running a double brood and inspect early she will 9 times out of 10 be in the top box , also if not a double I find most of my queens on the last frame or two away from which side you inspect.

Latest posts

Back