freezing brood and super frames question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
trying to smarten my process for freezing frames for storage

moved a chest freezer into bee shed to help with this, but

should i stack frames waiting to be frozen away from those that have been frozen for fear of wax moth switching from unfrozen stack back into post frozen?

i freeze and then put plastic sheeting between each box once frozen....should i leave those waiting to be frozen outside?

Unless they’re full of honey, or already infected with wax moth why freeze them?

trying to smarten my process for freezing frames for storage moved a chest freezer into bee shed to help with this, but
should i stack frames waiting to be frozen away from those that have been frozen for fear of wax moth switching from unfrozen stack back into post frozen?
i freeze and then put plastic sheeting between each box once frozen....should i leave those waiting to be frozen outside?
You could always stack them in the open air, possibly within big black bin bags, and let them freeze that way. Simple enough?

Also Be Careful knocking frames they are very brittle swimbo has made a right mess in one of our freezers, bits of comb and even though there frozen there is still a bloody sticky mess for some reason.
I Have Now Separated Her Half, she was saying also she wanted space in one of the sheds for arty farty stuff, not on your Nelson was my reply!

Also Be Careful knocking frames they are very brittle swimbo has made a right mess in one of our freezers, bits of comb and even though there frozen there is still a bloody sticky mess for some reason.
I Have Now Separated Her Half, she was saying also she wanted space in one of the sheds for arty farty stuff, not on your Nelson was my reply!

Meany Mark. You should build her a shed of her own and it should be better than yours. :)

Meany Mark. You should build her a shed of her own and it should be better than yours. :)
Yeap It looks like that way two storey shed and cladded in stone part workshop /honey room/ arty farty room... :unsure::giggle::laughing-smiley-004

Latest posts

Back