food hygiene certificate

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the Argentinian!!!!! guidance c2005 so for EC read EU

Holy Moses MM! This is a 125 page power-point presentation!

Insomnia can do terrible things to a men. I read them all!

And I can't say it's a user-friendly document. I know I'm a married man, but I'm not entirely stupid. But this is llikely to do more harm than good. People will take one look at it, start to giggle insanely and ignore it.

Surely there is something better than this around? Something more human?

(Do bees laugh, by the way?)

Dusty.

One point that I always hammer home to prospective honey producers is that supers must never never ever be place on a dirty surface... ALWAYS use a clean board in the apiary and never ever ever put a super on the grass!

Grass / ground.....That is where Clostridium botuli etc likes to live

But of course everyone knows that !

Bottom bee space then.:)

Holy Moses MM!

Surely there is something better than this around? Something more human?

Dusty.

none better that i have seen,

what is needed is a simple HCCP and check list for domestic honey extraction and not the 125 page document,

have you followed good beekeeping hygiene in apairy yes/no
has thymol tratement been removed XX week prior yes/no
Have you Excluded pets from from extraction room yes/no
have you washed down work surfaces, tile surfaces and floor yes/no
Have you cleaned all extraction equipment with XXXXXXX yes/no
Are all new jars inspected for foreign objects etc etc etc

and something like the on the link.....NB personal use only copyright

http://www.iwbka.org.uk/Downloads/Info_sheets/honey_processing.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you MM. Great link.

varius other links on web imply that as a primary producer that unless you packer of honey for someone else then, as in that link in my previous thread is all that is needed, because it is not a requirement of a primary producer to undertake a full HCCP

•Honey and other food from bee production: all the beekeeping activities must be considered as primary production. This includes beekeeping (even if this activity extends to having bee-hives at a distance from the bee-keeper’s premises), the collection of honey and the wrapping and/or packaging at the beekeeper’s premises. Other operations outside the beekeeper’s premises (e.g. the wrapping/packaging of honey) cannot be considered as primary production.

Annex 1 – Primary Producers:
•HACCP is NOT a requirement at this level of primary production.
•In essence fairly basic hygiene requirements
–Premises/ facilities
–Equipment
–Water
–Staff
–Animals and pests
–Waste storage
–Use of feed additives and vet medicines

extracted from the 2006 East Anglia bee forum document in link below (near end) or in the attached extract of relevent pages

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...TrQfiMIVA&sig2=S7ftUHxmEAslnSD_0zpPrw&cad=rja

BUT would extraction at an BKA apiary need one as could be seen to be under Annex 2

Last edited:
Bottom bee space then.

Yes... I suppose I would have to agree... for those that are too stupid to put their top bee-space supers on another box, or even eke below, or maybe the upturned roof!

But there again, perhaps it is the smart ones that use top bee space, so they wouldn't.

Usually more ways than one to consider a remark like that.:) :) :)

RAB

Back