flower of the moment: June

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink pelargonium
Hawthorn
Opium poppies
Blue pelargonium - just starting
Phacelia - ditto
Buttercups-
Poached Egg plant
London Pride
Buddleia globosa - yellow..

in and around our garden.

Limes? Usually May - looks like July

Best in my garden right now: Roses Kiftsgate and Rambling Rector, both have grown to cover about 20-30 square metres, scrambling up walls and into trees, millions of blossoms for the next 2-3 weeks.
Laurel Hedges also buzzing. Not a bee on the oxeye daisies and buttercups in the meadows, though ....

My bees are bringing in blue-green pollen at moment ... Think its allium pollen, probably from onions on nearby allotments

There are lots of bumbles and honey bees on the chvies. Could the blue green pollen be from them?

Bees love their eggs ..

I'm noticing lots of bumble bees on my perennial cornflower...many though are not on the actual open flowers but appear to be collecting sticky resins from the flower buds before they open. I notice honey bees doing this to horse chestnut buds aswell

Right now it has to be blackberry starting to flower all over the place.

Our climbing hydrangea is smothered in every shape and size of bees - very restful near my garden bed!!

Rose bay willow herb is way behind !
Irrespective of weather, the main flow starts last week June first in July!
This year is the first time in my beekeeping experience that the time scale has deviated !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes bramble just starting here too, false acacia trees also in flower. Lots of nectar coming in from somewhere today but not sure of source.

Rich.

We have two enormous beech trees in the garden and they have been humming for a few days now. There must be honeydew. I can see bumbles but not honey bees. Maybe they are higher up?

Back