First Varroa Mite Drop Inspection

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the extreme rudeness on here more than irritating. I tend to put the offenders on 'ignore'. There is still an indication that they have posted. If the thread looks like one where they may have contributed usefully and in a civil manner then I click on 'view post'. It is still a lucky dip!

Good luck!

Sd, cb, boozy,

You have all moaned. Just because you Don't like the facts? I expect so. Boozy doesn't mention queen cells which have come and 'gone' during the last 3 weeks. Good ennit. Expects us to tell him he is doing well and there is nothing to worry about. Had anyone else noted the absence of the queen might be important?

My comment on this thread was initially factual. A varroa count at thatvtime was useless. I answered the only question asked.

The only reply to the other beginner was simply sh*t. May not be mouse but is sh*t. Still arguing about about 3 pages later.

If you look at bn posts you will find a similar theme. Doesn't want to think, just wants to soak up the rubbish posted on the forum and believe what they want. Anything but the truth.

You can all look at previous posts of everyone on the forum Look at snipe. He rarely ever adds anything useful to a thread but continually swarms, but still gets to queen bee. There are a few others, too. It shows when you look back at previous posts. Whingers who don't add anything useful, but are just good stirrers.

Get real. If you want the truth, be prepared for it. Grow up, learn to read what is actually written and expect to do something for yourself, for a change, not just be spoon-fed and wet-nursed. I can see how much previous preparation has been done. It is clear from the very limited knowledge of the most basic facts. Some people do have learning difficulties. A lot are not prepared to put in the effort. If you are in the second category, tough.

WOW, I joined this forum hoping to find people who like me were either new beekeepers or experienced who wanted to share their experiences in a supportive and friendly manner. I have been on lots of forums but I have never seen the level of rudeness from one certain person in the beginners section in response to a question, I would have thought that to most people the follow up posts from this person have been extremely offensive and insulting. WHere are the moderators on here to step in and sort out this nonsense - if this forum is only for experienced people then say so without the snide comments and newbies can then leave the forums to find a more welcoming site.

we are all adults here so be honest 'certain person' and accept that you could have been much more friendly and welcoming in your original post or not posted at all if you had nothing constructive to say, you are deluding yourself if you think your original post was acceptable to most people as the responses on this thread clearly indicate

WOW, I joined this forum hoping to find people who like me were either new beekeepers or experienced who wanted to share their experiences in a supportive and friendly manner. I have been on lots of forums but I have never seen the level of rudeness from one certain person in the beginners section in response to a question, I would have thought that to most people the follow up posts from this person have been extremely offensive and insulting. WHere are the moderators on here to step in and sort out this nonsense - if this forum is only for experienced people then say so without the snide comments and newbies can then leave the forums to find a more welcoming site.

we are all adults here so be honest 'certain person' and accept that you could have been much more friendly and welcoming in your original post or not posted at all if you had nothing constructive to say, you are deluding yourself if you think your original post was acceptable to most people as the responses on this thread clearly indicate

Is this the answer you refer to?
That test was just about worthless.

Might be good practise, but otherwise a complete waste of time. Read up on varroa.

As I have said elsewhere, there is often a negative correlation between the quality of advice on here and the grace with which it is given. This is life, and sort of matches life with honeybees in particular...

Sd, cb, boozy,

You have all moaned. Just because you Don't like the facts? I expect so. Boozy doesn't mention queen cells which have come and 'gone' during the last 3 weeks. Good ennit. Expects us to tell him he is doing well and there is nothing to worry about. Had anyone else noted the absence of the queen might be important?

My comment on this thread was initially factual. A varroa count at thatvtime was useless. I answered the only question asked.

The only reply to the other beginner was simply sh*t. May not be mouse but is sh*t. Still arguing about about 3 pages later.

If you look at bn posts you will find a similar theme. Doesn't want to think, just wants to soak up the rubbish posted on the forum and believe what they want. Anything but the truth.

You can all look at previous posts of everyone on the forum Look at snipe. He rarely ever adds anything useful to a thread but continually swarms, but still gets to queen bee. There are a few others, too. It shows when you look back at previous posts. Whingers who don't add anything useful, but are just good stirrers.

Get real. If you want the truth, be prepared for it. Grow up, learn to read what is actually written and expect to do something for yourself, for a change, not just be spoon-fed and wet-nursed. I can see how much previous preparation has been done. It is clear from the very limited knowledge of the most basic facts. Some people do have learning difficulties. A lot are not prepared to put in the effort. If you are in the second category, tough.

I actually asked more than one question.

Whilst I hear what you are saying that this person maybe knowledgeable I don't see why in a beginners forum he needs to be have such an attitude. That style of teaching went out decades and decades ago about for good reason. Belittling people may make one person feel big and clever but the reality is somewhat different in reality.

Sad.

Is this the answer you refer to?
dishmop that was the original question but also please see quote below - I cant believe admin would allow such hostile posting in the beginners forum surely this should be stopped immediately and his post removed!!!
Originally Posted by oliver90owner View Post
Sd, cb, boozy,

I dont really see how it could have been answered much differently.
Rabs other replies were in answer to the critics who also felt he was being rude.

Sorry but its life.
Every newbie on here feels that he is being rude, but if you read what he has written several times, he's just being direct.

Well, that's my opinion...... he might just be having a bad bee day.

Oliver.. for someone in 'education' you are sometimes very abrupt, rude and scary to new people who ask all the questions we have asked when learning.
Some people may have difficulty with books, and a question here more helpful for them.
Time to take your patience pill.:thanks: You have lots of knowledge to share.. be grateful you have absorbed so much. Others may struggle a bit.

Anyone who thinks the UK has nothing to learn from overseas beeks is REALLY not paying attention.

Overseas....long long way

- 20 miles to European continent
- busiest airport in the world
- channel tunnel
- how many ferries a day
- 300 languages in London City

Me Tarzan, you Jane

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks the UK has nothing to learn from overseas beeks is REALLY not paying attention.

Overseas....long long way

- 20 miles to European continent
- busiest airport in the world
- channel tunnel
- how many ferries a day
- 300 languages in London City

Me Tarzan, you Jane

I think your supporting evidence is a little weak here TTLTB.

Now, what shall I daydream of now?

It behooves every man to remember that the work of the critic is of altogether secondary importance, and that, in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does things.

It behooves every man to remember that the work of the critic is of altogether secondary importance, and that, in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does things.

To make wrong is place of learning from experince.
To make twice the same mistake is a path of stupidity.

Varroa has been 25 years in UK. No need to critisize again and again.

Latest posts

Back