First Bees at last

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithgrimes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Collecting my first ever Nuc on Sunday. I've been on a ten week course, worked in the association apiary, devoured several books, trawled this forum endlessly, been through Dave Cushmans website from end to end, and still I'm bricking it!:willy_nilly:

Good luck Keith, I'm still trying to source my first colony. My nice new national hive is built and ready to go, so it's just a case of tracking a nuc down relatively close to home (Norfolk).

Cheers
Pete
:cheers2:

HaHa, yep i know the feeling.
i did not sleep the night before i got mine (2 weeks ago now) and did not sleep the first night they were here either!
Sounds like you have done a decent amount of preparation, just a shame the bee's don't do the same courses or read the same books :)

i am sure you will be fine, enjoy the bee's, i do!!

Good luck Keith, I'm still trying to source my first colony. My nice new national hive is built and ready to go, so it's just a case of tracking a nuc down relatively close to home (Norfolk).

Cheers
Pete
try sending a pm to Hebeegeebee (Adam), he might be able to help.

Cheers
Pete

Just be careful. Is that new EFB discovery not linked to a big Norfolk supplier?

Keith,
Good luck, I've had mine for 3 weeks now and so far not had any problem.

Like me, you've done your homework, spent some time in other hives and have a sound knowledge base to build upon.

Just take it slow and steady on your inspection and you'll be fine.

And if you have a question then the answer will be on this forum somewhere.

Cheers

Ian

good luck with the bees, dont be jumpy with them just do what you have to and leave them alone, keep having a peek at them is no good go though once a week. i would get a 2nd hive cause if anythink goes wrong with the first you have lost out with 2 hives you can mix things up if one is weak you take some from the other.

Cheers
Pete

could be interesting for us 2 with your forum name

Regards
Peter

Latest posts

Back