Finding site

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrote letters to all institutions around a large local park for my first hive. I just got a single reply and placed my new hive there, I also asked a fellow newbee to join me and we got our first bees the same day. I now have 7 hives on this site which is behind locked gates.
My next letters went out to industrial units in an industrial estate. Again I got just a single reply, and a year later placed 2 hives at the factory site. I now have 4 hives on this site and have been asked to talk to the staff about beekeeping. The staff buy most of the honey from the hives. The hives are protected by the firms security.
My next apiary with 2 hives is a walled garden with exotic trees, shrubs and perennials. I was asked by an gardener to locate my bees there. Again they are behind a locked gate. My 3 apiaries are all within 5 miles of my house.
2 years ago I wanted to get bees onto the oil seed rape, for an early harvest, so I asked a seed merchant and he supplied a name, phone number, and location of farmer and field.
My advice to others is get out there, you are pushing an open door, or gate.

Latest posts

Back