Expediting requeening of aggressive hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, just use a protected queen cell as I stated above, and the virgin queen will find the older queen and kill her. Just nature taking its course.

I am so amazed by how difficult it all is !
Here I just pop a protected ripe queen cell into the brood box (can give details if anyone wants) ?

In Finland, when there is no yield August, I can kill 90% of my queens dropping them into hive. In July I change over half of queens so that I take ole Queen off and put the new Queen walk on the comb.

Hives accept much more better 4 weeks layed Queen than 1 week old.

And so on. If some one needs simple method to introduce a new Queen into the hive, at least I cannot give it. I have 20 methods of them but when to apply them.

Last edited:
No, just use a protected queen cell as I stated above, and the virgin queen will find the older queen and kill her. Just nature taking its course.

A dead born idea to change bee stock that way. What about angry drones.

. And idea was to put a new laying Queen into hive. Not just drop it.

Last edited:
In Finland, when there is no yield August, I can kill 90% of my queens dropping them into hive. In July I change over half of queens so that I take ole Queen off and put the new Queen walk on the comb.

Hives accept much more better 4 weeks layed Queen than 1 week old.

And so on. If some one needs simple method to introduce a new Queen into the hive, at least I cannot give it. I have 20 methods of them but when to apply them.

Finny. This is exactly why I asked in the first place. Any idiot can look up how to requeen a hive. I'm after tips of the trade from Beeks who have tried different methods for different situations to find out which method would best suit my scenario. Not sure how long ago my new queen was mated. Will have to ask!

Obee, you have a normal queen changing situation in the hive, but to find an old queen from hive, and take off them emergency cells from hive is a painfull challenge.

I gove to you an AS method, because it minimize the stings what you are going to get. In that method you bees not find their own emergency cells off from angry hive. You take off that only frame.

Them push in cage is very good apparatus to hive the queen.

And to make the colony mad with queen hunting will not make good to accepting a new hive.

First you should make the colony queenless and wth AS it goes easily.
It takes couple if days that bees from old queen return to the AS hive.

If weathers are bad, operation will be more difficult ... To 2 hive owner.

Last edited:
Back