End of swarming

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the biggest crock of crap that's spewed out as received wisdom to beginner beekeepers. Mine swarmed in their first season (or at least would have if I didn't A/S them and make increase. Twice). I only know of one beginner beekeeper out of my own cohort and this year's cohort of beginners that didn't have to AS in their first year.

:iagree: + feed, feed, feed.

Thursday week gone + a month at 5 past 2.

Brambles started to flower here the last few days. Great, I can stop weekly inspections for swarm cells now!

That god for that, Brambles have been in full flow here forat least a week so that means that the large Baseball size mass whch was 40ft up in an oak tree that I looked at at 6:00pm was not a prime swarm from a local beek and must be an asian hornets nest, 1'lli phone fera and they can deal with it

I think the European Hornet can build it's nests in the open Geoff. But you never know !!!!!

The flow we had last month didnt.
so, can you give us a ball park time this flow will start (give or take an hour will do)

Well here in Devon it should be this week with the temperature in the low 20's.
However with some of the P… A…..s on this forum making less than useful comments I shall keep my observations to myself in future, its not worth the aggravation.

Latest posts

Back