End of an era

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Today was my daughter's last A Level paper. As a family we are now done with school. It's a weird feeling really. No more school runs. No more parents' evenings. I'm balanced between the shock that we've come so far without being entirely aware of the time passing and excitement at finding out what she does with her life next when the choice is entirely hers. My son disappeared off to uni two years ago and having decided that the training required to join the swimming team wasn't really compatible with a Natural Science degree, and having shown absolutely no interest whatsoever beforehand, joined the ballroom dance society. It turns out that he and his partner are actually quite good at it and have a sackful of silverware to show for it. I hope she will prove equally surprising.

James

I have found that I get huge pleasure in the development and enthusiastic achievements of my children and now grandchildren . Grandson 9 years old starting in beekeeping and developing as a cricketer in North Yorkshire, Granddaughter nearly 12 and horse daft and successful too and has a flock of 17 sheep 5 of which are pure bred blue Texels (all off her own initiative). Doesn't time pass at speed the older you get?

Doesn't time pass at speed the older you get?

It's quite horrifying in some respects. I've been a lazy workshy old git for two and a half years now, having just become unable to face going back to working in IT after my last contract ended during the Covid lockdowns. But I've not been sitting on my arse doing nothing and the time since then has just disappeared so fast.

Sadly at some point very soon I'm really going to have to get another job that I can face getting out of bed for :(

James

It's quite horrifying in some respects. I've been a lazy workshy old git for two and a half years now, having just become unable to face going back to working in IT after my last contract ended during the Covid lockdowns. But I've not been sitting on my arse doing nothing and the time since then has just disappeared so fast.

Sadly at some point very soon I'm really going to have to get another job that I can face getting out of bed for :(

James
Fortunately I am well retired now (72 and in my prime although supers do seem to be heavier than they used to) but unfortunately time has really raced away and it's hard to believe it's just about 6 months to Christmas ............. which will feel like 6 weeks.

Perhaps if I'd done things differently I could also be retired now. But in the words of George Best: "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

James

Latest posts

Back