Electric spray gun

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not any more ...let him out on parole after 3 years of a 5 year 9 month sentence ... the other charges he was tried for after his release were found not guilty ...and it was Stafford not Strangeways ... although the latter may have been more appropriate !

He certainly had strange ways - "can you guess what it is yet?"

We use under seal guns, no thinning of material needed, goes on neat but you do need to be familiar with spraying texhniques

I was hoping to go with something cheaper but it makes sense to go with a compressor. Many thanks all

Loved the man as a kid, looked forward to every episode on the BBC. A pity he had an abnormal desire

I was hoping to go with something cheaper but it makes sense to go with a compressor. Many thanks all

Lidl had a compressor and spray gun in their non-food offers - they are not huge units - there won't be enough pressure to power sanders and air tools as the tank isn't big enough but they will drive a spray gun addequately - useful for pumping up car tyres and blowing dust out of things.

Aldi have one as well ... same as the Lidl one:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-2-5hp-air-compressor/p/078920165026500

Loved the man as a kid, looked forward to every episode on the BBC. A pity he had an abnormal desire

:iagree:
I really liked him and one of my life’s biggest disappointments was to find out he was a ‘fiddler’.
S
(Sorry off topic)

Last edited:
I'll probably get a good compressor, might as well get the use out of it. Could do with another nailer too!

I'll probably get a good compressor, might as well get the use out of it. Could do with another nailer too!

There's a good site here:

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/hel...buying-guide-which-compressor-should-i-order/

Gives you the size of compressor you will need to drive/supply various air tools. There's nothing more frustrating than a less than adequate air supply (when you are spraying in particular) so you need a tank size sufficient to maintain a constant supply .. HVLP sprayguns need a much larger cfm than a high pressure gun. Nailers require a relatively small CFM so the size of the air tank is less of an issue than for a spray gun.

Be careful as some cheaper compressors are advertised showing only the psi output which is somewhat irrelevant ... most DIY compressors will push out 115 psi or thereabouts but its the CFM and Tank size that will dictate whether tools will run properly. Generally, for most single tool purposes and DIY jobs a 100 litre tank with somewhere near 10CFM will do anything you ever need - although you can get away with a 50 litre tank if you work slower or intermittently.

It's also useful to know that 10cfm = 283 litres per min

Last edited:
Thank you, that is really helpful. I had no idea to be honest.

I use a black and Decker paint sprayer... water down the masonry paint a bit and away you go. Can spray a tower of about 12 boxes in less than 10 minutes.

Not tried a spray gun yet, but bought a compressor earlier this year and made a huge difference when nailing frames and parts. Electric nailers, in my experience break down or jam far too often to be practicable.
S

And 20 to clean up lol
No other way to go Imho
I use a black and Decker paint sprayer... water down the masonry paint a bit and away you go. Can spray a tower of about 12 boxes in less than 10 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back