Einstein's famous bee quote.... which never was....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May be Einstein did not say this........................

However Rachael Carlson's book Silent Spring said as much....... misquoting once again... my apologies......when the honeybee has gone extinct............. most other insect life will be too......................
In my opinion one of the most important books written on environmental science in the last century.

almost as good as 'the living soil', by Lady Eve Balfour.

It was not Albert Einstein that made the quote but Alber N Stein, an American beekeeper, however through translation to Europe it was assumed at that time they meant Albert Einstein.

If you say his name with an American slant it does sound like Ein…`N`…Stein.

Expect we will always have some insects...even if they are only cockroaches.

It was not Albert Einstein that made the quote but Alber N Stein, an American beekeeper, however through translation to Europe it was assumed at that time they meant Albert Einstein.

If you say his name with an American slant it does sound like Ein…`N`…Stein.

Expect we will always have some insects...even if they are only cockroaches.

Cockroaches are immune to the highest levels of radiation. No one knows why. Vertually indestructible. If you search google video or u tube you can find a documentary of a study done on an erupted volcano site. Trees scorched dead and into dust. Nothing but burnt rock left. They follow this site for ages noting everything. First to surface - cockroaches spiders and other insects. Grasses. Then birds. Then the birch tree and so on. Well worth a wipe.

"Cockroaches are immune to the highest levels of radiation"

rats are also fairly tolerant.

i was once involved with a research group making radiation hybrid libraries of various mammalian genomes for gene mapping (mid 1990s pre whole genome sequencing).

this involves smashing up chromosomes in cells with radiation then fusing the dying cells with immortal mouse cells and selecting for resulting hybrids - each of which will contain a selection of rescued chromosome fragments from the "donor". by scoring PCR + and - hybrids one could map new genes wrt known genes using simple computer progs.

of all the species tried rat cells needed the biggest dose of rays.

I think he actulally said it, but regarding the insects, not the bees particularly.

Perhaps. DDT was invented and Eistein was glad that he got rid off all bugs.
His hairs were surely full of lices.

Smile, you get DDT
7weevil7.jpg

p23.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back