do powerlines affect bees temper?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newportbuzz

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
19 through the winter
hi i have a mate with a quite stroppy hive. he has it suituated almost directly under a large tansformer on a power line. The hive would be about 2 meters from the pole and about 5 meters under the transformer so could easily be within range from weird and wonderfully sparky stuff.
Anyway the reason for asking is that i inspected this colony before he bought it and it was not half as tetchy as they were today.
Now a few factors have changed location time of year and the onset of the sycamore and whitethorn flow.

but i wonder if the powerline has anything to do with the mood swings?

Ley lines definitely... Power lines not at all... Lode lines possibly

I have all three intersecting in my garden apiary ( tho not sure about the Ley lines!)

No I've seen a swarm resting on transformers before, so I don't think they really mind them. But even I'm not daft enough to try and collect those :gnorsi::gnorsi:

fair enough she shall receive the hive tool if she continues being stroppy then, thanks for replys.

hi i have a mate with a quite stroppy hive. he has it suituated almost directly under a large tansformer on a power line. The hive would be about 2 meters from the pole and about 5 meters under the transformer so could easily be within range from weird and wonderfully sparky stuff.
Anyway the reason for asking is that i inspected this colony before he bought it and it was not half as tetchy as they were today.
Now a few factors have changed location time of year and the onset of the sycamore and whitethorn flow.

but i wonder if the powerline has anything to do with the mood swings?
very calm bees here.
picture.php

Back