Devastating Vandalism US

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was simply an observation
They must have sorely upset some people for the whole set up to be thoroughly trashed like that.

$30,000 raised for them in a day by crowdfunding but good news does not make the headlines. The victims have enough money to set up again in the spring.

CVB

$30,000 raised for them in a day by crowdfunding but good news does not make the headlines. The victims have enough money to set up again in the spring.

CVB
If good news can help them so be it, no funds will help the bees though that died, i am no saint but if you want to kill anything do it quick.

The one reasonable shot of a frame suggests the colony was killed by varroa some time ago.

5a469960c1a7e.image.jpg

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/f...cle_d1727855-55be-5a5d-9c7e-e93e68fb6424.html

The one reasonable shot of a frame suggests the colony was killed by varroa some time ago.

Never mind, they raised around $30,000 through crowd funding to replace them....seems to be a trend here.

More on the Facebook thread are asking questions. Where are the bees? What happened to the wintering clusters? If the colonies had been alive, when the hived were tipped over, the clusters would still be on the combs. Where are they?

Doesn't look good.

More on the Facebook thread are asking questions. Where are the bees? What happened to the wintering clusters? If the colonies had been alive, when the hived were tipped over, the clusters would still be on the combs. Where are they?

Doesn't look good.

I think lots of us thought the same but got our fingers burnt gossiping about a similar incarnation. Ain’t crowdfunding a wonderful thing?

Doesn't look good.

You have me thinking now that it is some kind of scam to replace colonies that had already died out, i do not go on any beekeeping face book pages so i will miss those questions asked.

Latest posts

Back