Cr*ppy Queen Excluders - Am I the only one?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malawi2854

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
This has driven me bonkers since I got my Beehaus last year - and yet still, it has taken me this long to moan about it...

Does anyone else have a problem with the Omlet-provided queen excluders on the Beehaus?

Basically, for anyone not familiar, they are "half-sized", which seems completely bonkers to me - why would you ever need them half-sized? Maybe I'm missing something.
They're made of plastic, which I don't think i want to complain about... yet.

My main problem though - is the fact the stupid damn things don't actually cover the entire brood body - leaving bl**dy great gaps up both sides.

Now - I am placing them perpendicular to the frames - as I seem to remember this is what Omlet suggested when I moaned at them - and they do seem to fit better this way around - but still not great.

Has anyone tried other QEX with the Beehaus? Do any others fit acceptably? Please remember my DIY skills are entirely non-existant! :nopity:

Think you need to contact Omlet, and get the upgrade pack.

Yeah, will PM you once I find the email i got!

Yeah, will PM you once I find the email i got!

I'm similarly disenchanted with the Omlet supplied queen excluders, can you send me the omlet email ?

much appreciated

Why don't you buy one of those plastic ones from Thorne's and cut it to fit your hive? Regards JM

Ive sent you the email....anyone else need it? Oh, and bees4U, you're just down the road from me...

Well I'm not deeply embarrassed at all,

(I am really)

Apologies and thankee ma'am

Latest posts

Back