Cost of Water

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that our local sewage works has a storm overflow pipe that goes directly into the Tove River.

In London Thames water is proposing a new 'super sewer' with the aim of preventing 39million tonnes of raw sewage entering the Thames annually from storm overflows.

I think that it is naive to think that sewage works do not have these overfow pipes installed.

Many of the out of the way places around here have private springs,but i live very near to the sea,and the water comes from a resevoir high up on Exmoor,so it would be really expensive,and stupid, to dig up the moors in a national park and pump sewage up to a 1000 ft or more asl, and many miles into a drinking water resevoir.

my family comes from cornwall, they used a spring for years and had a jug under the bank on the far side of the road which belonged to the family,
but most people that have wells and a septic tank emptied once every five to twenty five years, have some sort of outfall to a water course of throu a herringbone configuration filter system in there lawn, and have there water condition tested as fit for use

I know that our local sewage works has a storm overflow pipe that goes directly into the Tove River.

In London Thames water is proposing a new 'super sewer' with the aim of preventing 39million tonnes of raw sewage entering the Thames annually from storm overflows.

I think that it is naive to think that sewage works do not have these overfow pipes installed.

most villages or houseing estates that are connected to the mains sewer, end up going throu a pumping station to transfer the sewerage onto the next station, and eventually to the serwer works, pumping stations and serwage works all have outfalls to a water course to prevent flooding,no one wants solid matter all over the roads overflowing out of manhole covers

Latest posts

Back