Condition of bee's....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bees

aside from the strange question, i also detect the intrusion of the ever popular greengrocers' apostrophe.

perhaps the OP is a native Denglish or Dunglish speaker hence the strange question!

There is as they are ageing and the hairs are wearing off.

PH

Biglongdarren

I think it is an observant question and Poly Hive has given you the correct answer.

thank you..its just that i have noticed it the last few times i have been up and they were out and about,it seems to me that they have more of a glisten off them.

Nuthin at all to do with this! Working bees would not have time to waste grooming, using the equivalent of brylcreme (or waxing like a moustache), and generally smartening themselves up for the occasional outing! Working bees, loads of dusty pollen, that's wot it is wot makes them less shiny!

No need to reply to this post. Well, not too seriously!

RAB

Nuthin at all to do with this! Working bees would not have time to waste grooming, using the equivalent of brylcreme (or waxing like a moustache), and generally smartening themselves up for the occasional outing! Working bees, loads of dusty pollen, that's wot it is wot makes them less shiny!

No need to reply to this post. Well, not too seriously!

RAB

LOL

Ben P

Well well I am yet again taken aback.

Young bees are fluffy looking. Old codgers are shiny.

By reason of the difference I see in my shaving mirror every morning.

Lack of hair.

PH

Less Pollen and dust about in winter and much less flight activity. Yes they do look 'shinier'

Latest posts

Back