Condensation water driples

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sory, I tried dribble

Moderator does not allow to correct the "letter putting mistakes" in heads

dribble
3 ENTRIES FOUND:

1. 1) dribble (verb) ... I meant this
2. 2) dribble (noun)
3. double dribble (noun)

Ads by Google

Definition of DRIBBLE
transitive verb
: to issue sporadically and in small bits
: to let or cause to fall in drops little by little
a : to propel by successive slight taps or bounces with hand, foot, or stick <dribble a basketball> <dribble a puck> b : to hit (as a baseball) so as to cause a slow bouncing
intransitive verb
: to fall or flow in drops or in a thin intermittent stream : trickle
: to let saliva trickle from the corner of the mouth : drool
: to come or issue in piecemeal or desultory fashion
a : to dribble a ball or puck b : to proceed by dribbling c of a ball : to move with short bounces
— drib·bler \-b(ə-)lər\ noun
See dribble defined for English-language learners »
Examples of DRIBBLE

1. Juice dribbled down his chin.
2. She accidentally dribbled wine onto the rug.
3. Dribble olive oil over the warm bread before serving.
4. She dribbled across the basketball court.
5. He skillfully dribbled the soccer ball towards the goal.

Origin of DRIBBLE
frequentative of drib to dribble
First Known Use: circa 1589
Related to DRIBBLE
Synonyms: distill (also distil), drip, drop, trickle
Antonyms: pour, roll, stream

Last edited:
Condensation on the window's cold surface

window-1024x768.jpg

Human respiration is condensated here.
Same happens inside the beehive when outside temp is -20C

picture from Yakutsk Siberia

yakutsk.jpg

snag-yukon.jpg

Last edited:
Peeing on the lawn and whipping as much as you like but dripples left in your pants. Its all a bit Tarantino for me. Perhaps we could have a Cadfaelesk interlude.

So to clarify, the answer is to have crown board/inner cover that insulates better than the walls of the hive. Then the drops won't driple on the bees as condensation will form elsewhere.

And Storm, I am trying to remove the mental picture your post has generated from my head. I recall in school physics and Newton's 4th Law. Not many people know about this one as at most schools the kids are only taught three:-

Here they are, courtesy of wikepedia

1. First law: Every body remains in a state of rest or uniform motion (constant velocity) unless it is acted upon by an external unbalanced force.
2. Second law: A body of mass m subject to a force F undergoes an acceleration a that has the same direction as the force and a magnitude that is directly proportional to the force and inversely proportional to the mass.
3. Third law: The mutual forces of action and reaction between two bodies are equal, opposite and collinear.
4. Fouth Law: However much you shake it the last drop always goes down your leg"

In reply to Hebeegeebee

Unless you have a circumcision *cough*.

I assume you mean a blokes which makes the fourth law a curious image if not . . yeah lets go with blokes. I'll stop now.

Latest posts

Back