can I put the queen excluder on?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren64

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
tommorow is going to be warm enough for my first inspection,will it be ok to move the queen back into the brood box(if she's in the super) and put the queen excluder back on?,is there still a chance the temperature could still drop low enough to make them cluster again?

In West Yorkshire I would say there is a chance, yes. We've had deep snow (I'm originally from Barnsley) in late April before now

The simple question is:where is the brood? The bees will not forsake the brood, unless in dire situations.

So, if all the brood is upstairs there a problemvcould arise . When there is plenty of brood with the queen, the bees will stay with the brood (and her), so little problem now -provided these criteria are met if the weather suddenly takes a dive.

Regards, RAB

The simple question is:where is the brood? The bees will not forsake the brood, unless in dire situations.

So, if all the brood is upstairs there a problemvcould arise . When there is plenty of brood with the queen, the bees will stay with the brood (and her), so little problem now -provided these criteria are met if the weather suddenly takes a dive.

Regards, RAB
thats a good point,I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back