Brrrr!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we had a slight ground frost 3 mornings ago.
Never seen frost here so early in autumn :(

No frost in London. Picked my pumpkins and squash this morning so I don't need to worry. At least the bees have had plenty syrup and should be ok.

Lovely, sunny and warm here. Hives sound like air conditioning units. I can smell the Ivy honey in there from the other side of the house. I assume it is Ivy honey anyway. Is it really strong smelling? I'm half tempted to stick a super on there, huge flow.

Lovely, sunny and warm here. Hives sound like air conditioning units. I can smell the Ivy honey in there from the other side of the house. I assume it is Ivy honey anyway. Is it really strong smelling? I'm half tempted to stick a super on there, huge flow.

Are you sure that isn't the Thymol ;)

Very medicinal smell - think peaty malt whisky. I believe granulates quickly and people have a "marmite" approach to it. Love it or hate it.

We get quite a lot round here, but the bees are welcome to it.

Latest posts

Back