Blue Badge.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Looking at the list below which entitles a person to a blue badge and looking at some of the people who I see using them, I wonder how they got them.

I am over the age of two and have a permanent and substantial disability which means that I am unable to walk
I am over the age of two and have a permanent and substantial disability which means that I have very considerable difficulty in walking
I drive a vehicle regularly, and have a severe disability in both arms that means I am unable to operate all or some types of parking meter
I drive a vehicle regularly, and have a severe disability in both arms that means I have considerable difficulty operating all or some types of parking meter
I am under the age of three and have a medical condition that means I must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment
I am under the age of three and have a medical condition that means I must always be kept near a vehicle in case I need emergency medical treatment.

I love the unable to use a parking meter one.

I find it difficult using one.....Terrible pain putting the money in...

My mother just lost her blue badge, she is eighty and had two knee replacements, arthritis in every joint along with all the usual things that come with old age but she didn't complain, she reckons someone needed it more than her.

I drive a vehicle regularly, and have a severe disability in both arms that means I am unable to operate all or some types of parking meter
I drive a vehicle regularly, and have a severe disability in both arms that means I have considerable difficulty operating all or some types of parking meter

What's more complicated and/or difficult?
A. Driving a vehicle safely.
B. Operating a parking meter.

So with everything else that local authorities are spending money on being PC, why haven't they provided parking meters that are accessible to all?
There must be a regulation requiring this, Where's my MEP? Give me strength! :banghead:

They want to know how long it takes you to walk the distance you say you can walk before you have to have a rest.

Does anybody know how long it takes to walk around a Sainsbury's superstore? and is the trolley considered to be a walking aid?

I bet theres a catch there.Local council will say they dont have the type you have "considerable" trouble with.
Is the fact that the electric window doesnt always work a mitigating factor?

Last edited:
I bet theres a catch there.Local council will say they dont have the type you have "considerable" trouble with.

No, they'll just say they're changing meters to cashless ones, and expect everybody to have a mobile phone.

Latest posts

Back