big discovery?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO there is much more 'Manuka Honey' sold worldwide than could possibly be produced in NZ. The reality is that honey is a very potent natural antiseptic, without any mgo. There has only been one proper clinical trial published in the BMJ, address=ebn.bmj.com/content/11/3/87.full, on manuka honey for leg ulcers. It showed that it was not better than conventional treatments, and probably worse.

'BEFORE IT'S NEWS!' my a**e.

Next thing you know they'll be anouncing the discovery of penicillin.

Im feeling a little cynical this morning after a hard night of working on bid documentation for my client.

I followed the link a couple of sites back and ended up reading the same article twice. At the source site I noted the the other 'news stories' on the right hand side:

• Hemp helps cure cancer
  • The Bermuda Triangle has a submerged giant cystal pyramid at its centre
  • Area 51 has a Giant Alien pyramid at its centre and the US and Chinese are learning its secrets

So am I surprised that a site with stories like the above state that this 'Manuka' honey works in an as yet unknown way, combining with unknown components, to kill all known pathogens and prevent any build up of immunity? Nope. Not in the slightest.

This is just how all the best rumours start with a little exaggeration, especially when selling a brand.

Amazing 'News' is taken verbatim and replayed into a series of downstream outlets that may be paper, audio, or digital and demand is created in an ironically 'viral' manner.

I would be more impressed, and a little more worried of the implications, by the Alien pyramid in Area 51...

Over tired,
Sam

Im feeling a little cynical this morning after a hard night of working on bid documentation for my client.

I followed the link a couple of sites back and ended up reading the same article twice. At the source site I noted the the other 'news stories' on the right hand side:

• Hemp helps cure cancer
  • The Bermuda Triangle has a submerged giant cystal pyramid at its centre
  • Area 51 has a Giant Alien pyramid at its centre and the US and Chinese are learning its secrets

So am I surprised that a site with stories like the above state that this 'Manuka' honey works in an as yet unknown way, combining with unknown components, to kill all known pathogens and prevent any build up of immunity? Nope. Not in the slightest.

This is just how all the best rumours start with a little exaggeration, especially when selling a brand.

Amazing 'News' is taken verbatim and replayed into a series of downstream outlets that may be paper, audio, or digital and demand is created in an ironically 'viral' manner.

I would be more impressed, and a little more worried of the implications, by the Alien pyramid in Area 51...

Over tired,
Sam

:smilielol5: if you must reference THE SUNDAY SPORT..........!:smilielol5:

[*]Area 51 has a Giant Alien pyramid at its centre and the US and Chinese are learning its secrets
[/LIST]

Over tired,
Sam

This is a good example of how urban myths evolve. 30 years ago, it would have been the americans and the russians.

Latest posts

Back