bees out in force

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypigeon

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
bees out today in force looks like all hives have come though winter ok so far,:hurray:

Looks like the soft South really is....even bees tucked up- alive I know, but not venturing. Goodness does this mean it is colder down here :D

Looks like the soft South really is....even bees tucked up- alive I know, but not venturing. Goodness does this mean it is colder down here :D

Nah
Bunch of softies down souf...

Lots of bees flying in Tipperary yesterday ,Temp around 10c

Ah, so presumably southern and not northern Italy then. Go on give us a clue then we can be doubly envious!!

Ian

mine were out today,I had 2 watch where I was walking they were all over the path drinking from the soil.

Last year they were flying every day when the temp was over 7. None were flying today at 10 deg. They are munching through some fondant though, so I guess they are alive.

Plus 10C yesterday and hives in full sun, all very active even the one I thought may fall victim of nosema (center one of the three) Snowdrops fully out and crocus just starting. Pollen going into every hive :party:

From another thread - just for interest these are the "arched" mouseguards made for Dadant and extended for Commercial. They can be reversed to close the entrance but give ventilation.

Latest posts

Back