BeePlus record keeping app

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just purchased it using a voucher I was given at Christmas. I wonder how many sales they are getting?

Plan to use it during the new season along with my paper/spreadsheet records and see how it pans out.

Hi I looked on ITunes it's not free cost is £3.99

Bee Appy

Have a read of the previous issue of BBKA magazine to see the development and launch of Bee appy on the ipad / iPhone

pictures / GPS and no limit of apiaries / hives

new features being regularly added and suggestions on more functionality greatly accepted through the feedback button on the app

How are you finding it?

For me its great...

I scan a hives QR label, do the inspection, close up, sit on hammock and write up the notes on my phone, then move onto the next hive..

Never had such comprehensive notes.

I dont like that the developer isnt overly active and doesnt take on feedback.

For example, I would like to be able to take pictures of each hive and have a profile picture or link a picture to a particular inspection. Posted on his twitter but never heard back
alternative is Bee Appy from the istore - GPS and pictures and transfer to icloud all included

My husband has developed a beekeeping app, BeePlus - Hive & Apiary Manager, for the iPhone\iPad and we would love more feedback on it, suggestions for improvements, and generally how you find using it. There are contact details on how to contact him directly within the app as he doesn't use the forum. Otherwise I can pass questions\comments on to him myself.

I have been using it as part of my own record keeping, and we have been improving it as we realise something is needed, but extra input from fresh eyes is always appreciated.

The app enables you to:

-Have multiple apiaries with records for each hive.
-QR codes can be generated and printed to attached to hives for quick ID, will take you straight to inspection page for the hive in question.
-Hives can easily be transferred between sites in the app.
-Location data, including GPS can be locally stored.
-All apiary sites can be seen on a satellite map, with a 3 mile radius drawn on.
- Record detailed inspection data for each visit, text boxes allow you to make your own notes. Observations can be recorded, plans made, simple buttons for weather, queen\eggs\brood etc.
-Photos can be included throughout the app from apiary sites, to hives, to individual inspections.
-Clean, simple, easy to navigate
-Output hive data to a text file or PDF for email or printing, therefore data can be transferred to a permanent storage medium.
-View graphical representations of inspection data.
-You can share/sync inspection data between apple devices, so if more than one person does inspections can be kept up to date.
-Can record honey yields from each hive

6sAt.png
6sBt.png

It is completely free to download with no adverts or limitations. We have decided to keep BeePlus free as a lot of newbies will be using it for record keeping, but if you find it useful there is the option to make a donation to support further development. It is only available on the App Store for Apple devices for now as we can only test on these devices at the moment (sorry!).

BeePlus iTunes page

Find us on Facebook for more images, more information, updates (and our own personal beekeeping story).
Hi Charlieanne, I stumbled upon this old post while looking for an answer to a question about the BeePlus app. I hope it’s still appropriate to ask about it.
I’ve been using the app with pupils at our school club and we love it. Our only issue is that we can’t move from the to do list to the complete list. As a result the jobs for each hive grows but never clears! I hope you can help.

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Charlieanne, I stumbled upon this old post while looking for an answer to a question about the BeePlus app. I hope it’s still appropriate to ask about it.
I’ve been using the app with pupils at our school club and we love it. Our only issue is that we can’t move from the to do list to the complete list. As a result the jobs for each hive grows but never clears! I hope you can help.

Thanks,
Andy
Hi Andy,

I’ll pass this on to my husband. He’s just released ‘Bee2 (bee squared) beekeeping assistant’ as a new and improved app going forwards but whilst not updating bee plus will still be maintaining it for the time being.

Glad you’ve been enjoying it so far 🙂

Thanks,
Andy
He says you need to swipe left on the task, then you can mark it as complete and will disappear and move to the completed list

Hi Andy,

I’ll pass this on to my husband. He’s just released ‘Bee2 (bee squared) beekeeping assistant’ as a new and improved app going forwards but whilst not updating bee plus will still be maintaining it for the time being.

Hi Charlieanne,
Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve just been fiddling on a long car journey and my thumb slipped sideways revealing the “completed” button! I’ll have a look at the Bee2 app but BeePlus is great for us just now.
Clever husband.

Hi Andy,

Any chance it'll be on Android?

going to give this a go - as a longtime beeplus user having things sync across phone iPad will be great.
shall report back after a couple of weeks,
First Question - is it possibly to transfer records from BeePlus to Bee2?

Latest posts

Back