beekhives in Poland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcinluter

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
hi evrybody!
My name is Marcin. I from Poland and I like bees <--- I love her.
In the Poland We have beehive type: "wielkopolski". that type have frame 260x360 it's very popular in POland frame. we have hive worm styrofoam. got food for the winter and see them only in March as the temperature does not pozwla them fly. I have 15 bees colonies. I have bee queen : Buckfast, primorska, Crainka. hive wielkopolski have 3 corpus for 10 frame 260x360mm. so full hives have 30 frame.
Marcin bee-smillie

hmmm... why do they call their beehive after a horse??

from wiki:

The Wielkopolski is a breed of horse that was originated in Central and Western Poland in 1964, and is occasionally known as Mazursko-Poznanski...etc.

Lauri

name comes from the Polish region of Wielkopolska because just was popularized. so called wielkopolski.

I did photo in last summer.

when I build new hive

Interesting...
Looks like part of the landing board is hinged - Can you explain what this is for?

1501081654.jpg

If one of the side angle pieces was removed so when the flap was up it would form a complete tunnel it would help to protect the colony from robbing and wasp attacks towards the end of the season as well as a keeping the entrance clear of snow during the Winter.

Last edited:
Interesting...
Looks like part of the landing board is hinged - Can you explain what this is for?

If one of the side angle pieces was removed so when the flap was up it would form a complete tunnel it would help to protect the colony from robbing and wasp attacks towards the end of the season as well as a keeping the entrance clear of snow during the Winter.

So it is hinged to a wooden landing bees, why hinge? because during the winter when foraging tits is protection against them, and partly from mice. Closes it when announcing the first snowfall. This slat of radicals (ie, the first large body of dennicy) creates trująt so is the flow of air. inside a cylinder which regulates wylotek outlet during spring and autumn-podczs feeding, it gives better thermal conditions for the family in Poland is cold until May 15, ie, night frosts.

Wasps in Poland is a small problem because the trap is used - PET bottles (plastic 1.5L after drink) cut in half and inserted in the neck in the middle of dul compote - wasps it melts.

So it is hinged to a wooden landing bees, why hinge? because during the winter when foraging tits is protection against them, and partly from mice. Closes it when announcing the first snowfall.
It seems like a good idea, and could be easily copied.

I bought a hive in Belgium that had the same thing...haven't attached it yet though!

hi marcin
a good idea a folding landing board
also like your pictures nice and colorful

If the flap is folded up is there still a space for the bees to use when they need to make short flights to empty themselves.?

Such a simple idea I am tempted to make up a few out of perspex for my national hives at one apiary which is plagued by wasps every year.

If the flap is folded up is there still a space for the bees to use when they need to make short flights to empty themselves.?

Such a simple idea I am tempted to make up a few out of perspex for my national hives at one apiary which is plagued by wasps every year.

everything has its advantages and disadvantages, but when the temperature is below 12 * C - the bees do not fly when it does not harm the outlet closed. We will set up a cloud of bees this winter does not bother them to know wogóle.Jak wasps fly when the temperature is above 8 ° C

Thank you for being so interested.

I forgot the best: this flap to wood bees is a good start on their journey from the beehives on the benefits - especially the honeydew

Latest posts

Back