Beekeeping in Crete

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norton

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Hello,
My latest upload to Youtube. It's a short clip whith George Paravoliasisi checking a Superbee hive. The conversation is all in Greek however.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJVcQm3woK4[/ame]

Enjoy!
Norton.

Hi Norton,

one of my favourite places on earth is the island of Kos. In 2000 I went there and rented a motorbike to get further up into the remoter hills. Happened across these, the honey is delicious. They were feeding off heather amongst other things. Well it looked like heather.

photostream

Enjoy

Hello,
Yes it could have been Erica in Kos. Do you have any photographs? If you do maybe you can post them here.
Best regards
Norton.

Hello,
My latest upload to Youtube. It's a short clip whith George Paravoliasisi checking a Superbee hive. The conversation is all in Greek however.

Enjoy!
Norton.

If that's how handleable they are, I'm looking forward to getting my queen! bee-smillie

Radioactive bees? LoL

LMAO ah yeah nuclear health physics was my career for years. Lol. I forgot they were on there. I used them to show what certain readings would look like on that particular meter. Doh.

There were quite a few hives around there. Mesmerising watching them hover round the entrance way. Something I can't wait for here actually.

And thank you for doing that Eric much obliged.

I remember wondering at the time why each leg was on it's own little rock. And now I know it's so the comb hangs straight down. I really miss being there actually.

Last edited:
Quote:- I remember wondering at the time why each leg was on it's own little rock. - unquote

A simple efficient method of hive leveling - no shortage of rocks of all sizes:rofl:

Norton - What type of hive are they? any idea? also no supers?

Latest posts

Back