beekeeping in buxton

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggardave

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Smith
Number of Hives
my sister's boyfriend has been expressing an interest in keeping bees and this has, apparently, reached fever pitch since i got my girls last month. i was going to suggest that he get in touch with a local association so that he can hopefully get a bit of advice and experience.
he's going to be moving to Buxton soon and i was wondering if anyone from that part of the world knows any contact details that i can pass onto him.
thanks for the help.

david.

Not sure of anyone keeping bees in Buxton itself but theres a group of us keeping in Tideswell (and a very good hive maker in the village).

Unfortunately all the local association a bit away - Chesterfield and district, Derby (meet near matlock - probably the nearest) and Sheffield are all very good. I've not tried cheshire or north staffs and again they will be a bit of a drive.

Happy to help if I can

Not sure of anyone keeping bees in Buxton itself but theres a group of us keeping in Tideswell (and a very good hive maker in the village)

I concur about the hive maker in Tideswell.

The quality of the workmanship is excellent, prices pretty good - and nothing is too much trouble.

I have no connections other than satisfied customer.

Dusty.

Back