'Beekeeping car boot sale and demo'

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete D

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
50+. Double Std National & 14x12
Sunday 26th May. Walpole Cross Keys, KINGS LYNN
My association is holding a 'Beekeeping car boot sale' followed by a beekeeping demo which will include anything that needs doing at the time.....ie making splits / nucs, queen introductions, swarm control, general inspections.
The car boot sale is open to anyone who wants to came along and sell or buy anything from books to bees, frames to hives and equipment and clothing all we ask is that it is beekeeping related and that it is cleaned prior to offering it for sale. Anyone buying bees will need to arrange a collection time with me after flying has stopped.
Anyone selling bees will need to have them inspected prior to bringing them and allow inspection on the day.
We havent done this before but hope that it may be an alternative to an auction with things on sale at a set price (possible haggle room).
The morning would go something like sellers arrive and set up at 9am (bees can be earlier or previous day), car boot from 10.30, bees on sale from 11.15 and beekeeping demo starts at 12.30 for an hour. Times all subject to change on the day depending on numbers.
You will need a clean suit and gloves if you are interested in looking through bees either to buy or the demo. All bees will be 100m away from car boot area. Tea / coffee and cake will be available, toilets not really as its at my house, and please no dogs. Village hall booked for wet weather plan.

So if you have a few bits and bobs to sell, want to buy something or just have a socialable morning come along to Walpole Cross Keys and follow the signs and the buzzzzzz.
Sellers need to book in with me, send me a pm for phone number.
Buyers just come along or pm me for a chat.

West Norfolk & Kings Lynn Beekeepers Association

Last edited:
We'll be there:welcome:

P.S. Was two Colonies , could soon bee three after last weekends AS........:ohthedrama:

Last edited:
Back