bee webcam

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All.
have set up webcam and wondered if there were any other beeks that had one and if it was possible that we could set up a section on here for comparison of how girls are doing through out uk have got the three hive at mo only 2 cams set up in Long Eaton Nottinghamshire.

Chris

Hi All.
have set up webcam and wondered if there were any other beeks that had one and if it was possible that we could set up a section on here for comparison of how girls are doing through out uk have got the three hive at mo only 2 cams set up in Long Eaton Nottinghamshire.

Chris

I have a webcam set up on one of my hives.

Nice to know @Roola.

I'M going to get other cam setup today I will send web link for you to take a look see what you think. I need to get my post count up a bit this year as last year I just lerked around here taking in all other beeks conversations and suggestions. can also then link here to webcam :)

Hi, I have a webcam looking at my beehives, if anyone is interested, please PM me for the link. It's great to see what the ladies are doing anytime of day.

How do you go about setting one up?

How much will it cost to do?

Hi Chris,

interesting to see a geek that local to me on here (I'm in Toton). I'd also be interested in seeing what set-up you've gone for, I was considering doing something last year but never got round to it in the end

"interesting to see a geek that local to me on here (I'm in Toton). I'd also be interested in seeing what set-up you've gone for, I was considering doing something last year but never got round to it in the end"

Me too, I'm even closer, here in Sunny Long Eaton.

Not too much. I use an outdoor webcam by foscam... Attached to house via Cat6 cable, you'll need an injector and splitter to put power through it... You then can connect to router then run your software on the pc to configure it. If you want to run it trouble free you'll need a static IP address which I've not done yet but it's fairly easy to do through the router and using the no ip website. After that you can even get an app on your phone to write in IP address and watch them wherever you are.

Please PM me for a link to my website, it not only has access to my webcam but also a link to a PowerPoint presentation I gave at my local association.
As far as cost go, again on the website, but from memory, a good top price would be £150, you can make it significantly cheaper if a lower quality pic is acceptable.
Please remember that your house or Internet access needs to be within 100m of your beehives.
Happy to give email help...if any wants setup help.

Please PM me for a link to my website, it not only has access to my webcam but also a link to a PowerPoint presentation I gave at my local association.
As far as cost go, again on the website, but from memory, a good top price would be £150, you can make it significantly cheaper if a lower quality pic is acceptable.
Please remember that your house or Internet access needs to be within 100m of your beehives.
Happy to give email help...if any wants setup help.

Joe9502 helped me, thanks again by the way.

Latest posts

Back