Bee improvement Day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbie & Jans Bees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A big thank you to all at BiPco for arranging the Bee improvement day at Dobwalls Cornwall the information on queen rearing and the guest speaker Catherine Thompson of Leeds University talking on ferral bees was outstanding. Lots of great information, people from Devon & Cornwall turned up and even from further afield, worth the money also Banggers and mash and bread & butter pudding alsome. Its a shame we don't have a little man with a big tummy Ha Habee-smilliebee-smillie

Great Day

Catherines work is going to cause a rewrite.. or at least a new edition of the Great Book of Beekeepering Myths.

The Chillie and the rice pud was good too
AND FOUR no less manufactures offering Polly hives as well... thing are certainly changing ( for the better) in the South West beekeepering wise!

Last edited:
A fab day and if you were unable to go this year put it in you'r diary for 2014.
We had 5 members from the Bodmin group attend,we plan to rear Queens as a group so everyone can learn together.Well done to everyone involved!:thanks:

cant belive i missed it!

My other half had booked tickets to strictly come dancing in London so was not given to option to attend.

Perhaps next year............

I'm going to the BIBBA "Bee Improvement for all" course tomorrow at Frodsham in Cheshire....taking my daughter/bee helper. Anyone from on here going?

Looking forward to it :)

I went to the one in preston yesterday
Roger was/is amazing
Great speaker and lovely dog called nell........
He spoke from 0930 til 5 with short breaks and nobody fell asleep
Hope u enjoy it as much as i did

I went to the one in preston yesterday
Roger was/is amazing
Great speaker and lovely dog called nell........
He spoke from 0930 til 5 with short breaks and nobody fell asleep
Hope u enjoy it as much as i did

Yeah, we had Roger Patterson + Nell too. I'm glad I went, & got some ideas/different perspective. 180 odd people in the audience so a pretty good turnout. I liked his positive attitude and focus on the small scale bee breeder. His automatic culling of any queen that isn't black or doesn't produce black (native type) bees seemed a bit harsh but each to their own.

Definitely worth hearing him speak :)

Latest posts

Back