BBC Article

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sign of Snowdrops but Primroses are in flower plus a few Dandelions ,Its a strange time.

But it concludes
"The main focus of this study is on native plants and so we don't yet have a clear picture of the full impact of these changes on garden plants............................"

My crocus are just on the rise showing a little colour right now - bang on time for the area: and I haven't yet seen any hint of coltsfoot yet which is always early in certain nooks around here.

All we need now then is Karol to come along and tell us about solar minimum😇

I started keeping a 5 year diary last year to record the bees activities and also forage and timings of things growing. Admittedly I only have last year to go by, but there was snow on the ground New Year all trough to mid Feb in 2021, none in 2022. I spotted snow drops mid Feb, saw them first time here yesterday. Crocus also mid February, no sign yet. My hazel flowered spot on same time as last year. So snow drops a little bit earlier due to milder temps but not significantly from what I’ve observed.

Latest posts

Back