Avon 'Skin so Soft' and Horses.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like we could be best friends immediately! My friend/acquaintance (wow that takes some concentration) acquired an arab stallion. He was very head shy she told me.

She left me with him (Percy) and when she returned I was shampooing his poll.

I think you either have it or you don't with horses.

NB he was loose in his box at the time

I have two Icelandics plus a mostly fell heinz my granddaughter rides plus my daughters Irish Draft/TB. All are safe to approach and handle. We train them to be so.
The Icelandics are part of a breed that is unique to Iceland where since the vikings colonised the island the people only kept the horses that were hardy, healthy and well behaved. The weather killed the weaklings, the people ate those with less than desirable natures or characteristics.
Does the principle sound familiar?

An affliction known as sweet itch is common amongst the animals imported from Iceland as the culichoides midge, which bites the sufferers and triggers the problem by allergic reaction to its saliva, is not present on Iceland.
Fortunately skin so soft is one of the treatments which deters the midge from biting horses which are anointed with the product.

Last edited:
My mum is a pharmacist so she used to get me Benzyl benzoate neat to treat sweet itch on one of the fells who was very prone to it.

My mum is a pharmacist so she used to get me Benzyl benzoate neat to treat sweet itch on one of the fells who was very prone to it.

It became hard to find when licence requirements caused the usual makers to cease production. I have a new postal supplier via t'interweb but of course the cost has risen.

Latest posts

Back