Attacked without provocation .....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh sure..

Really funny having cancer...

Yeh sure..

We were unaware as we do not know you personally. The context of your post sounded like self depreciating humour. Someone close to me also suffers with cancer, you're right it isn't funny. I guess it is better to stick to topics about bees to cause less confusion.

We were unaware as we do not know you personally. The context of your post sounded like self depreciating humour. Someone close to me also suffers with cancer, you're right it isn't funny. I guess it is better to stick to topics about bees to cause less confusion.

If I had meant it as humour I would have added a ROTFL thing.

Sorry to hear your news.

I've spent my fair share of time with cancer patients. Can't say how important it is to have a positive attitude.

Hope things work out.

Yeh sure..

Apologies but reading your post again - Quote:
Originally Posted by Karol View Post
Skin tags. Floaters. Visual acuity. Thirst. Peeing lots. Cold extremities. Spots. Persistent skin infections. Thrush. UTIs. Mood swings etc.
I have some of those (and a few more) but not diabetic..

We cant be blamed for not knowing, we all try to make light of some posts, its only human nature.

Sorry to hear your news.

I've spent my fair share of time with cancer patients. Can't say how important it is to have a positive attitude.

Hope things work out.

Karol, with respect what you seem to be saying is not true. (What you actually say is unquestioned). People's attitude is their attitude. Pressuring them to change it inreases stess, has a element of "blame the victim" and I believe is considered outdated thinking in medical circles.

Although it's against forum tradition, I am going to source that statement: http://www.apa.org/monitor/jan08/cancer.aspx

So yeah, Dishmop, it sucks. But a "good luck" from me.

Last edited:
Apologies but reading your post again - Quote:
Originally Posted by Karol View Post
Skin tags. Floaters. Visual acuity. Thirst. Peeing lots. Cold extremities. Spots. Persistent skin infections. Thrush. UTIs. Mood swings etc.
I have some of those (and a few more) but not diabetic..

We cant be blamed for not knowing, we all try to make light of some posts, its only human nature.

There is actually a biggish post in off topic regarding my condition......I didnt actually start it to make anybody feel sorry for me or make exceptions but to warn "men of a certain age" to make sure they have regular prostrate checkups because it seemed at the time that an enlarged prostrate had caused my kidneys to fail big time.........
I can easliy understand the ROTFL piccy and that it was made without mallice etc etc......... Those who read the original post and any subsequent top ups will know and I dont expect people to troll thro pages and pages...

I do have cancer but at the moment its not doing anything.....Most of whats wrong with me is because of bloody hospital aquired infections.
So...back to topic........

Dishmop, maybe you did, BUT, the forum members CAN read the other threads.

PLEASE read before you post c**p. There may be a lot behind what you read.

Best wishes Dishmop.

There is actually a biggish post in off topic regarding my condition......I didnt actually start it to make anybody feel sorry for me or make exceptions but to warn "men of a certain age" to make sure they have regular prostrate checkups because it seemed at the time that an enlarged prostrate had caused my kidneys to fail big time.....

I have high PSA and they wanted to sodomise me with a machine gun but settled reluctantly for an MRI, which was clear. Stiill they want the machine gun; still I resist. Hope I don't live to regret it.

Dishmop, maybe you did, BUT, the forum members CAN read the other threads.

PLEASE read before you post c**p. There may be a lot behind what you read.

Best wishes Dishmop.

I generally avoid any thread that isn't about bees. I'm certainly not going to read every thread on the whole site.

Karol, with respect what you seem to be saying is not true. (What you actually say is unquestioned). People's attitude is their attitude. Pressuring them to change it inreases stess, has a element of "blame the victim" and I believe is considered outdated thinking in medical circles.

Although it's against forum tradition, I am going to source that statement: http://www.apa.org/monitor/jan08/cancer.aspx

So yeah, Dishmop, it sucks. But a "good luck" from me.

I was very careful not to say anything about 'survival'. We all die. For most of our lives we don't think about our own death which allows us to 'live' life. Getting a diagnosis such as cancer quite understandably focuses attention on mortality and this can be so consuming that patients forget to 'live' their remaining life.

A very good friend of mine who's a GP explained it like this. Raise your index finger directly in front of your line of sight so that it is about 6 to 8 inches from your face and focus intently on that finger. What do you see? Now without moving your finger, look beyond your finger and focus on your surroundings. Your finger will have largely disappeared when you do. You know it's still there and it doesn't disappear, but it no longer impedes your ability to appreciate your surroundings.

As for your reference then I'm not sure that I agree with its conclusions. I dare say that the study results were accurate for the study that was conducted but the conclusions appear a little too introverted.

It's interesting that a link that has been established between positive affect and improved immunology. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2895001/. It's also interesting the latest classes of heralded anti-cancer drugs are immune system adjuvants that aid the immune system to tackle cancerous cells which is an immunological approach.

I have high PSA and they wanted to sodomise me with a machine gun but settled reluctantly for an MRI, which was clear. Stiill they want the machine gun; still I resist. Hope I don't live to regret it.

Not had a camera on a snake looking inside J T yet?
Seems like many of the male forum members "enjoy" an affinity with Prostate enlargement through the ageing process :( Broken nights sleep :(
Tamsulosin, finisteride etc and various side effects?
Youth is wasted on the young

Latest posts

Back