Aspiring East London keeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bescherman

New Bee
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm a resident of the delightful Canning Town in East London and am finally pursuing a latent curiosity for beekeeping by helping out with a Beehaus at the Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park.

In time I'd like to start keeping my own hive(s) in the garden but for now I'm getting some hands on experience before committing.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions about bee-keeping in a limited space with as few hives as possible (to remain within a girlfriend-acceptable range of space!) but for now I'd just like to say hello to the community.

Hi!

Additive?
Do you mean they contain B-numbers??
:biggrinjester:

Hi all.

am finally pursuing a latent curiosity for beekeeping by helping out with a Beehaus
Never mind, you'll soon get the bug, go into beekeeping and get a proper hive like most of us grown ups on here :D

Never mind, you'll soon get the bug, go into beekeeping and get a proper hive like most of us grown ups on here :D

I see what you did there. ;)

If I did eventually have a hive(s) in the garden a Beehaus wouldn't be much use anyway as I'd need to point them away from the house and that two sided design is not so good for that once you expand to that second colony.

I'm a way off buying anything just yet but the poly hives have really piqued my interest. It seems that a lot of keepers seem to use wood because they can make their own or because that's just how they were taught. Seems that the poly hives have loads of advantages.

Latest posts

Back