Apivar strips

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock_Chick

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I’ve just done a split, and looking to treat for varroa, should I wait until queen cells have hatched or can I put in now. ? Also I have a nuc with, do I put two strips in or just one in a nuc ?
some while ago, I’m sure I read you can freeze un used strips 🤔 anyone done this with Apivar ?

Hi..personally I would be inclined not to but depends on the situation are you seeing deformed wings in the hive or a large drop of mites, what have they been treated with in the past?

What does 'a split' mean? Are you talking of a honey producing part or not?
Note that a broodless period - which you will probably have with a new queen - tends to reduce mite infestation. And when broodless you can always use oxalic acid.
Do you have a varroa problem that you are aware of?

What does 'a split' mean? Are you talking of a honey producing part or not?
Note that a broodless period - which you will probably have with a new queen - tends to reduce mite infestation. And when broodless you can always use oxalic acid.
Do you have a varroa problem that you are aware of?
I split the hive for swarm control, as queen cells, the main hive had a lot of varroa on the tray, I’d like to treat now before I put a supper on, it was on double brood, but bothered about using strips while queen cells in

Treatment is a couple of months am guessing you may need to super before then?

Latest posts

Back