apilife-var

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesknee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
16 + nucs
Hi all, I have a ?
I have a hive of bees which I put on 2 tea bags with thymol crystals, drawing pined to the top bar (wanted to start treatment and my apilife-var had not come) 3 days later when i looked they had thrown them out(left the drawing pins) I put on apilife- var 2 days and they had it out, my ? is can i put a small mesh screen on top of the brood box and the apilife-var onto that so they cannot throw it out,or do they have to come in actual contact with it,or is it just the fumes that does the job?
Thanks in anticipation Brian :)

Apilife Var suffocates the varroa therefore it is the fumes. I am currently using it and placed over the spaces on the frames, over the space of a week the bees nibbles away the bits obstructing the space. If you go onto the manufacturers website they advise a mesh screen as an option to prevent the bees chewing it.

Apilife Var suffocates the varroa therefore it is the fumes. I am currently using it and placed over the spaces on the frames, over the space of a week the bees nibbles away the bits obstructing the space. If you go onto the manufacturers website they advise a mesh screen as an option to prevent the bees chewing it.

Thanks for that

Latest posts

Back