Any keen candle makers?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
I have been asked by my local Church whether I could supply and run a small candle & soaps stall at the May Fayre...in May obviously...

I have made candles in the past eg. 1999! Could anyone give me hints/tips I may have forgotten. I have NEVER made soap though. Also any good suppliers out there I may have missed?

Many thanks

After manning a few association stalls last year, rolled foundation candles were out selling all the others put together, better still is if you can twist some ones arm into manning a table to help the kids roll their own you can't lose.

:rofl:

After manning a few association stalls last year, rolled foundation candles were out selling all the others put together, better still is if you can twist some ones arm into manning a table to help the kids roll their own you can't lose.

:rofl:
How much did you charge Mike

I have been asked by my local Church whether I could supply and run a small candle & soaps stall at the May Fayre...in May obviously...

I have made candles in the past eg. 1999! Could anyone give me hints/tips I may have forgotten. I have NEVER made soap though. Also any good suppliers out there I may have missed?

Many thanks

Above all else, Queens59, make sure the wick runs through the MIDDLE of the candle.

No, you'd be surprised...

After manning a few association stalls last year, rolled foundation candles were out selling all the others put together

Well, they smell so damned good, don't they?

How much did you charge Mike

We charged £1 a candle and sold over 200 in about 5 hours, not bad considering there was only two people. Each sheet of foundation was cut in half at an angle to made two candles, we used proper wicks which were dipped several times to make them nice and fat so it was easier and quicker for the kids to roll.

03pump10.jpg

I was manning the honey sales as I hate kids !!!:rofl:

Thanks all - I have a feeling I will live to regret agreeing to this...we shall see - but I envisage a fair bit of bad language!!

Latest posts

Back