Another lost colony story

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies. All the actions I have depicted above happen inside during a flow. I am in Zone 7 in USA, so I do not know your climate, but assume you must be warmer. Given the density of your gardeners in the isle, who knows if someone tries to kill weeds in the hood. I dunno.

My apologies. All the actions I have depicted above happen inside during a flow. I am in Zone 7 in USA, so I do not know your climate, but assume you must be warmer. Given the density of your gardeners in the isle, who knows if someone tries to kill weeds in the hood. I dunno.
Are you on a flow now in the your 'zone 7'?

Are you on a flow now in the your 'zone 7'?
No, sir. Spring has just sprung here. My flow coincides with the bloom of pseudo robinia acacia (locally known as black locust) which typically happens around the first or second week of April. Due to global warming, they have been popping up a week or two early, but this exceptional year, we have had polar vortex spill over us for nearly three weeks, so I wonder what that will do to our flow.

>>>You do realize foragers exchange the nectar with the young house bees, mouth to mouth, so that the latter do the storing while the foragers take off to get more, during which they add enzymes to ripen into honey, right? In fact, the nectar goes through, in and out, of different bees' mouth, thus exposing the entire colony to, say, pesticide-laced nectar source.

Earlier in this thread, someone asked me why or how a pesticide-laced source can kill more than foragers. I am sorry you feel lost. Please read a few thread ahead of this one.

Earlier in this thread, someone asked me why or how a pesticide-laced source can kill more than foragers. I am sorry you feel lost. Please read a few thread ahead of this one.

I've followed but also checked -- where was this asked? I dont think it was.

Latest posts

Back