And whilst we're on about it.....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 - and steward of 8 others.
Well, I know we're not, but I thought it was time for another little rant on the Forum.

Companies whose services, products etc I will never buy, because of their bl**dy irritating advertising:

Go Compare - with that f******* opera singer.
118 118.
Go Compare.
Confused.com.
Wonga - ageist cr*p.
That double glazing company with the twit dressed like a lord with a cape, who shouts all the time, "you buy one, you get one free".
Go Compare
Any patronising company trying to sell insurance to the elderly.
Any advert that's around more than a month.
Those companies which are so cheapskate that they use foreign adverts and dub them badly.
Go Compare.
Just for Men
Women's cosmetic ads which use fake American accents, made-up 'scientific' ingredients and show 'research' that 91% of 67 women would buy it - when you know they've asked their employees - and generally treat women as if they're brainless.
Go Compare.

Have I missed any?

Oh, yes - Go Compare is one I dislike.

Over to you.

Dusty

But here we are mentioning them....as they say, no such thing as bad advertising! Don't get me wrong, Im with you all the way.

What about the perfume ads at xmas, valentines etc, what the hell are they all about?

What about the perfume ads at xmas, valentines etc, what the hell are they all about?

Selling perfume.

But no one is being forced to watch any of these adverts are they?.

Last edited:
1. Don't waste time watching TV
2. Install Ad-aware on the computer

Total exposure to adverts limited to almost zero...unless I open an occasional newspaper.

i have a special device i like to call 'the remote' and whenever adverts come on i simply change the chanel

:) Channel flicking........Always good for winding the other half up aswell

A hard disk recorder is a wonderful thing. If there is anything on a commercial channel you want to watch, record it and don't bother to start watching until 20 or 30 minutes in. Flick past all the advert breaks. You see the odd few seconds while channel changing or while jumping forward but only enough to register them as ads and move on. I happened to be in somebodies house the other day, most of the ads on their TV I had never seen before.:)

A hard disk recorder is a wonderful thing. If there is anything on a commercial channel you want to watch, record it and don't bother to start watching until 20 or 30 minutes in. Flick past all the advert breaks. You see the odd few seconds while channel changing or while jumping forward but only enough to register them as ads and move on. I happened to be in somebodies house the other day, most of the ads on their TV I had never seen before.:)

i do this. and would you believe some of my friends hate it and have made me stop when they come over.

the adds drive me insane .. if i want to waste 30 mins watchin drivlle that my choice. but now you only get 17 mins out of 30 and have to take matters into your own hands to avoid advertisement . ohh and the go compare guy should be £$^!£^%$". just my opinion of course

Have you noticed how the volume increases when the ads. appear?

Anyway Dusty, it's time you got half a dozen colonies and then you wouldn't have time to bother about such things.

I don't think I've ever seen a TV ad and thought "Ooh, I must buy one of those."

Except, maybe, ads for chocolate products.

But here we are mentioning them....as they say, no such thing as bad advertising! Don't get me wrong, Im with you all the way.

Just as a counter-example:

Last night I watched the latest episode of Homeland on 4od (drivel, but good drivel ;))

In every single ad break these was an ad for......

Homeland

Go figure :cool:

(OK, I know - the result is that I posted this here and someone will think "Homeland, what's that", and....)

Latest posts

Back