All going fine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Friday)

the bee's are settled in quite nicely, fully covering 5 frames, they have drawn out 1 side of foundation either side of the 5 and they are both 1/2 full of nectar/pollen.

Saw eggs, larvae and pupae, lots of capped brood, they were generally well mannered, I didn't use too much smoke except when they started going bonkers on one of the rails, turns out there was a wax moth grub crawling along from under one of the spacers.

I also changed the roof that didn't have any ventilation holes for one that does, I didn't notice the lack of ventilation initially so thats another little job that'll need doing at some point.

Sunday we went for a walk over to the orchard and sat a few meters away from the hive watching the to-ing and fro-ing, they were REALLY busy. The spot is really sheltered from the wind, where there was a little breeze a few 100 meters away there was no breeze at all down by the hive, a proper suntrap. :)

Latest posts

Back